WHY ARE WE STUDIO “23?”
IN A WORD: SYNCHRONICITY
Synchronicities are the so-called coincidences that occur. When one starts to tune in to the significance of the number 23 then these start to be become very obvious indeed. Some of these are shown below. The sheer frequency and nature of these synchronicities seems to prove that this isn’t mere coincidence but that this process of synchronicity has been there all the time, ready to be discovered.
William S. Burroughs was particularly taken with the 23 enigma. When Burroughs was in Tangiers, he knew a Captain Clark who ran a ferry over to Spain. One day, Clark told Burroughs that he had been doing the route for 23 years without an accident. That day, the ferry sank . . . that evening, while Burroughs was thinking about the incident, a radio bulletin announced the crash of Flight 23 on the New York–Miami route. The pilot was another Captain Clark!
But how does this relate to building effective communications?
The Synchronicity of 23
- Humans have 23 pairs of chromosomes.
- The earth rotates completely every 23 hours, 56 minutes.
- The axis of the plane Earth is 23.5 degrees.
- The human biorhythm cycle is 23 days.
- The pattern of DNA shows irregular connections at every 23rd section.
- Blood circulates the body on average every 23 seconds.
- There are 23 letters in the Latin alphabet.
- The Knights Templar had 23 Grand Masters.
- William Shakespeare was born on April 23, 1564.
- The number of joints in the human arm is 23.
- 23 is the first prime number in which both digits are prime and add up to another prime.
- On average, every 23rd wave crashing to shore is twice as large as the average wave.
- The Harmonic Convergence occurs every 23,000 years.
- Geosynchronous orbit occurs at 23,000 miles above Earth’s surface.
- September 23rd is the fall equinox.
- Standard TCP/IP port for Telnet is 23.
- The number 23, written in base 3, is 212 (2 + 1 + 2 = 5), the area code of most of our clients
- 23 + 23 + 23 = WWW—the World Wide Web.
Like the number 23, the most effective strategy is one that is pervasive, everywhere, and ready to be discovered.