Providing Creative Direction for Over 30 Years
Studio 23 was founded in 2002 by Owner and Creative Director Lee Willett. Lee holds a B.S. from the Ohio State University and studied graphic design at the Basel School of Design in Switzerland. He is a designer and educator whose work has won regional and national awards by Print Magazine, the AIGA and others. His online work has included building sites for companies and organizations in the fields of art, finance, education and technology.
Lee has been the creative leader behind Studio 23 since its founding and has extensive experience developing online and offline communication materials for industries as diverse as art, banking, real estate, education, cultural organizations and municipalities. His experience includes being the creative director on the redesign of such brand-name sites as Scholastic.com and Atkins.com. Additionally, he has launched sites for cultural organizations such as the American Museum of Natural History, the Borough of the Bronx, the City of Yonkers and Bedford Community Church.
Lee has also been an Associate Professor of Graphic Design at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn and at The University of the Arts in Philadelphia. He has taught courses in Web Development, Identity Development, Typography and Design Systems. He graduated from The Ohio State University with a BSID in Design and completed two years of graduate studies at the Allegmine Schule für Gestaltung (School of Design), Basel, Switzerland.
- Designed and developed Captain Lawrence Brewing website
- Designed and developed OfficialSports.com, an ecommerce site for soccer referee equipment
- Created the National Coffee Association website, the premiere trade organization for the coffee industry
- Designed Scholastic.com and oversaw all production of the site, including parent area, teacher store, kids online area and public store
- Developed event brands and promotional materials for several road and trail races
- Designed Atkins.com and oversaw all production of site including member area and store
- Designed and developed Gold exhibition site for the American Museum of Natural History as well as online marketing badges to promote the site
- Designed and developed DinosAlive.com in conjunction with the American Museum of Natural History and Giant Screen Films
- Designed and developed Bitforms.com, a site for an electronic arts gallery
- Designed and developed Pratt.edu educational website
- Designed a site for an online P2P service for Citibank. Produced online and offline marketing materials for the site as well
- Brand building and website development for Le Perigord, a French restaurant in New York
- Designed PlowHearth.com, an e-commerce catalog site
- Developed and maintained Web portals and created promotional materials for municipalities such as the City of Yonkers and the Borough of the Bronx
- Agency of record for The Jewish Theological Seminary and its associated undergraduate and graduate schools
From print media to digital, from advertising to collateral, 30 years of experience means your project will be executed right.